PEVOC 10 in Prague
One-Day Tutorial on Wednesday, August 21 (Crash Course on ‘Voice’) [PDF Flyer]
- Anatomy, physiology, pathology
Markus Gugatschka & John Rubin
- Endoscopy, stroboscopy, VKG and high speed imaging
Markus Hess & Frank Müller
- Aerodynamics and voice source, breathing, pulmonary function
Nathalie Henrich & Johan Sundberg
- Voice acoustics, microphones, recording and computers
Svante Granqvist & Christian Herbst
- Analyzing voices with machines: spectrography, phonetograms, EGG
David Howard & Frank Müller
- Analyzing voices with ears, brain, and heart
Brian Gill & Per-Åke Lindestad
- Principles of voice therapy
Jenny Iwarsson & Lesley Mathieson
- Dissection and phonosurgery
Gerhard Friedrich & Markus Hess
Who could benefit from this tutorial?
Participants who liked to
- understand basic measures and methods in voice research,
- find out the state-of-the-art in voice research,
- be updated on clinical assessment and voice therapy and, finally, …
- … get prepared for PEVOC 10 presentations and discussions.
How was the application procedure for the tutorial?
- The maximum number of participants was 160.
- General rule of acceptance: first come—first serve
- It was necessary to book (and pay) for the entire day—no participation for selective sessions possible. Certificates were handed out for complete attendance only.
- Application: informal e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply e-mail contained information, how to pay the registration fee of 90 Euros (Registration was separate from PEVOC 10. No discount for students.)
- Refund policy: 70 Euros before June 1, 2013; 50 Euros before July 1, 2013; no refund after July 1, 2013
The tutorial took place in the Prague Conservatory, Concert Hall.
Schedule (see modules A–H above)
|9:00–||9:50 ||Workshop A|
|9:55–||10:45 ||Workshop B|
|13:00–||14:00||Lunch (on your own)|
Back to top